PROVEN RESULTS FOR OUR STUDENTS AND OUR COMMUNITY
- Improved the district’s quality educational programming while controlling operating expenses and holding the line on property taxes since 2017 (approximate savings of $7.5 million to taxpayers over the next five years).
- Successfully negotiated a responsible compromise for a bond issue that resulted in $18 million returned to the tax payers.
- Established an annual budget with a five-year forecast to prioritize cost containment, and use resources responsibly.
- Updated our facilities by eliminating the last of the portables, creating new music spaces at Hadley and ensuring all schools have the latest security measures in place.
- Drove the district to evaluate the Special Education program and updated all of our buildings to have the appropriate ADA accommodations.
- Buchholz and Clark successfully negotiated AFSCME contract. Clark successfully negotiated the Teachers Union Contract in record time.
- Instrumental in including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in our Long-Range Plan which provide a level of accountability.
- Maintained all district programs and the Health/Life safety in our schools.
- Spearheaded implementation of live stream video of BOE meetings and established a consistent means to provide updates on board business.
- Instrumental in legislation being passed to strengthen the Open Meetings Act.